Skip to main content

I Want To Go



I WANT TO GO

I want to go!
I want to go back to that to that place I came from.
I want to go back to that place where peace exists.
I want to go!

I was born into a land they claimed flowed with milk and honey.
A land they claimed was free forever.
A land they claimed possessed all the secrets of life.
But now, I want to leave forever.

We’re ruled by people who beg to be in power.
Today, we blossom; tomorrow, we die like a flower.
They promise me the best of things on my 8th day here.
But now, I want to go; I want to leave all of these here.
I want to go!

I arrived with laughter; they said it wasn’t enough.
So they pinched me and I cried because they wanted to laugh.
When I said I wanted to go, they offered prayers to God.
When I offered to stay, they dribbled me like players abroad.

When I put my foot down,

They put little socks around it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO CREATIVITY ALLOWED

If you think some people are born creative and you're not one of them, think again. What makes some people more creative than others is that they nurture their creativity. In fact, experts say that creativity is primarily a learned skill . And like any other skill you want to learn, it requires that you put in some hard work and effort. It's not enough to just want to be creative--it takes daily dedication to push yourself into original thoughts and expressive ideas. Too often, though, the biggest thing standing in the way may be your own habits. Here eight of the worst creativity killers. If you recognize them in your life, cut them out now. Click [ HERE ] to download PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

ON THE MIC 2

When words dance to unheard tunes on the lines of your sheet, As you breathe life onto them, death suffers defeat. The urge to bring the page to stage stirs. Then the cares of life we share moves from despair into repair. Our efforts are not useless. When we stand before the crowd and allow words to spill from our reserve; we deserve an applause. And still, we seek to preserve - Preserve our names behind the blue and red wires of the microphone. Our images are printed behind every stanza, verse and line. We refuse to be beaten, Every handiwork is fine. We tell our stories from the bottom of our hearts, So there's meaning in every line-it's a replica of our hearts. When we're on the mic, things happen. When we're on the mic, we happen. Revelation Poet ©2016 http://revelationpoet.blogspot.com Like my Facebook page too: Revelation Poet #CWC #PoetryBankGroup

OUR PRIDE RAN OUT

Our pride ran out, So we ran after it. We chased it down the road till we caught up with it. We took it by the hand, And lifted it up. We made sure it stood firm; We woke its legs up. They saw us in public, Brushing it up. They said a lot of things like "we were making it up". It took a whole day, But we made it stand up. It was immature, So we made it grow up. We spent energy in chasing it; So it was time to pay up. We drank our pride back in, So now, we could sit up. We bowed our heads in shame; But now we could look up. We were stigmatized and bruised; Now we could chin up. Now we've got our pride back, It was time to man up. Cos once we were down, Today we're allowed up. Revelation Poet ©2016 http://revelationpoet.blogspot.com/ Like my Facebook page too: Revelation Poet #CWC #PoetryBankGroup #ConsciousHashtags #3noaaaNono