Skip to main content

OUR PRIDE RAN OUT

Our pride ran out,
So we ran after it.
We chased it down the road till we caught up with it.
We took it by the hand,
And lifted it up.
We made sure it stood firm;
We woke its legs up.
They saw us in public,
Brushing it up.
They said a lot of things like
"we were making it up".
It took a whole day,
But we made it stand up.
It was immature,
So we made it grow up.
We spent energy in chasing it;
So it was time to pay up.
We drank our pride back in,
So now, we could sit up.
We bowed our heads in shame;
But now we could look up.
We were stigmatized and bruised;
Now we could chin up.
Now we've got our pride back,
It was time to man up.
Cos once we were down,
Today we're allowed up.

Revelation Poet ©2016
http://revelationpoet.blogspot.com/
Like my Facebook page too: Revelation Poet

#CWC
#PoetryBankGroup
#ConsciousHashtags
#3noaaaNono

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO CREATIVITY ALLOWED

If you think some people are born creative and you're not one of them, think again. What makes some people more creative than others is that they nurture their creativity. In fact, experts say that creativity is primarily a learned skill . And like any other skill you want to learn, it requires that you put in some hard work and effort. It's not enough to just want to be creative--it takes daily dedication to push yourself into original thoughts and expressive ideas. Too often, though, the biggest thing standing in the way may be your own habits. Here eight of the worst creativity killers. If you recognize them in your life, cut them out now. Click [ HERE ] to download PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

Ghost

GHOST They claimed I was there. They claimed I was seen. They claimed I belonged. They claimed I was needed. They claimed. So as they turned my significance on and off, I pretended day and night were passing by. And as they hid me under my own shadow to rot, I wondered. Why did I die? They passed through my accomplishments as though I never existed. Never heard me when I spoke. Never saw me when I appeared. Never paid attention to who I really was. Hmm ----- So I stood before them as they deceitfully read a tribute to me. They cried with utmost care for their make-up, not me. They wore their black on their party clothes and ---- Not me. So I am a ghost. One who is never seen, Never heard, And never spoken to. I see, I hear, I speak. The way of the ghost is never understood because it’s never noticed. The troubles of the world never get to me. Only the heat does. I am the ghost of all times. I am -----